Sunday, March 13, 2016

40 days no meat personal challenge, PIIT28 and other health and food blabla

Hey guys,

How was your week end?
For me, these days I'm a bit stressed, but in a very positive way because there's a lot of events with friends or family - unfortunately, they mostly involve food and I think by now I feel like I'm in my third month of "food pregnancy" XD

It also comes at a bit of an inconvenient time, because this year, I decided to eat no meat for lent, and in Austria (especially on the country side), many restaurants have very limited numbers non-meat dishes on their menu. While I am not religious, I like the idea of setting myself a fixed time frame or deadline to do something, it helps me stay motivated. Originally, I wanted to learn how to cook new recipes without meat. I don't eat it very often, but I'm very unoriginal when it comes to cooking, so we usually end up eating the same 20-30 meals over and over. Well, it didn't go as planned because I had so little time to cook in general that I quickly reverted back to my well known recipes, although I learned about some meat alternatives and got a bit creative considering where I can leave it out or substitute it with something else.

 Fallaffel instead of Chili wraps turned out to be really great, I just have to learn to make them all by myself instead of buying the ready-made ones ^^"


Anyway, I would not consider it as a failure of my original intention though. It definitely makes me consider my eating habits much more again, for example I overeat much less during the week when I don't go out ^^ I also tried to cut down on sweets and while I was sick, I couldn't do any sports and I didn't gain as much as I had feared.

Nonetheless, a good eating plan alone is only one half of a healthy life style right?
So I wanted to be more active again as well. Spring is coming, a lot of cool events are coming up (my graduation party in four weeks and the Tea Party in Helsinki), and I wanna feel and look good for those occasions! And what better way to reach this goal than by taking up Pilates again?

To those of you who read my blog for a longer time by now, you know that I've been doing Cassey Ho's youtube Pilates programs on an on-off basis. I usually start out really motivated but then reach a point when I have super little time, have to skip a workout one day, perhaps the second day, and then motivation is gone on the third day, I feel exhausted, tired, unhappy and then stop entirely. To avoid this from happening, I had to find something that requires as little time as possible but still somehow keeps me motivated. And so my planes coincided very well with Cassey's new "PIIT28" training regime, where each day requires only roughly 45min of workout (including warm up and stretching). It's a pilates and HIIT workout combination, and comes in the form of an e-book with additional info an stretching. I also bought the meal plan, but I will start it after Easter, after my 40 days "lent" is over :)



So, as you can see I am pretty motivated and I hope I can keep this feeling up :3
If I manage to do it, I will post before and after photos and report on my success of course!

2 comments:

  1. Ich finde die Idee gut, sich selbst solche Challenges zu setzen!
    Schade, dass du nicht dazu kamst, neue Rezepte auszuprobieren, aber vielleicht kannst du es ja nochmal irgendwann wiederholen, wenn du da mehr rein investieren kannst :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich liebe Falafel! Und die Idee an sich find ich toll <3

    ReplyDelete

Want to comment?
If you have no google+ account, you can use Open ID (for example with an URL of your twitter, homepage etc.)
Anonymous commenting is disabled, but feel free to contact me via ask.fm if you have no means of commenting here :)